Read on this issue – Spring 2020
- Interview: Christiano Cochrane talks about Canadian hospitality
- Fashion: Luso-Canadian fashion conquers world stage
- Health: The Inner World Project
- Profile: Nelson Santos. Mayor of Kingsville
- Portfolio: Gabrielle Casara Pellin, Brazilian entrepreneur in Montreal
- Real Estate: Selling a house in Canadá?
- Real Estate: The real estate market in Vancouver
- Spring: Atypical winter. How will spring be?
- Recipe: Easter Brownies (currently not available online)
- Special: Local Journalism Initiative (LJI) (currently not available online)
- Marketplace: Brazilian services in Canada (in Portuguese)
Message from the editor
This edition comes amid a serious and unprecedented global crisis, generated by the coronavirus pandemic COVID-19. But the moment is also one of solidarity and optimism, with the certainty that, together, we will overcome this delicate period that we are living globally.
For this edition, we chose to bring readers lighter content, with interviews and varied subjects of interest to Portuguese-speaking communities across Canada.
Did you notice that Wave Online is now trilingual? Yes, we speak Portuguese, English and French too. In this way, it is easier for us to bring Anglophone and Francophone families, friends and clients closer to Brazilian culture and the Portuguese language. The initiative was only possible given the support received from the Canada Periodical Fund.
To this end, we also rely in part on the support of the National Ethnic Press and Media Association, governed by the federal program Local Journalism Initiative.
The year 2020 begins with many challenges for this magazine as well. Like other publications, we are going through a critical period of technological changes, that has required extra attention on our digital channels. This year, we will have to reinvent ourselves, implementing the necessary adjustments to our print, digital and social media channels.
The Wave team has been working hard and creatively to keep this publication alive and healthy. It is a good challenge, but we are optimistic, given the certainty that we can count on the support of everyone; advertisers, readers and collaborators.
THANK YOU ALL!