Grilled salmon with a hint of orange and ginger sauce and Parmesan Risotto
200 g of salmon (fillet)
100 ml orange juice
25 g butter
25 g of cornstarch
80 g carnaroli rice (for risotto)
100 ml white wine
25 g onion – chopped
1 clove garlic
50 g of parmesan
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Reduce orange juice with ginger, salt, and pepper, thicken with starch. Put the sauce aside.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and grill it with salt and pepper. Cut the peeled skin and fry in hot oil. The pieces of crisp skin will be used for decoration.
- For the risotto, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for two minutes, add the carnaroli rice and sauté for another minute.
- Add the white wine and cook until the wine evaporates, now start adding water gradually and stir continuously. Do not forget to add water little by little and never stop stirring, the risotto’s creamy consistency is due to this.
- Once the rice is cooked “al dente”, add the parmesan, salt and pepper. Finally add the butter.
It’s time to serve everything as it’s nice and hot!
On your plate, first serve the parmesan risotto, then place the salmon fillet and the ginger and orange sauce that will add a special touch to the dish, bringing a unique and sensational flavour. Enjoy the meal!
This recipe yields one single portion / one serving