Extra care for your pet at Easter: did you know that chocolate is toxic for dogs?

Mechanical translation by Google Translate (unedited) –

Nowadays, many pets are treated like family members. In the process of humanization, dogs begin to receive care and attention similar to that of a human being.

Before, our grandparents had Rex, Bolinha and Malhado. They were guard dogs, who didn’t even cross the threshold of the door and lived only in the backyard. Today, living together in the house is no longer like that. Now our dogs frequently occupy rugs and sofas in the main room, sharing space and attention with visitors. After all, we want to give “the good and the best” to our four-legged friends.

The choice of names like Luna, Enzo and Valentina, among others, previously restricted to humans, also says a lot about our current relationships with dogs. In the universe of family and friendships, without a doubt, they occupy an important place in the 21st century. The demand for games and attention on monotonous days and the joy of the puppies upon our arrival strengthen the bonds of affection and keep us good company.

What happens if my dog eats an Easter egg?

Many people see pets as a source of unconditional love and therefore want to give what they think is the best for them. And this is where the topic of this article comes in. Why should we never give chocolates and chocolate eggs to our dog, whether at Easter or any other time?

Chocolate products are bad for your pet. Chocolate contains a substance called theobromine. Theobromine doesn’t hurt humans, but it’s toxic and even lethal to your puppy. Even a small piece of chocolate can be enough to intoxicate your pet.

When we have a dog at home, it is important to respect their needs. We must never lose sight of the fact that our friends are not people. They have fur, four legs, a snout, a tail, and other features all their own.

So for their health, don’t offer any kind of, not even a little piece of chocolate to dogs. Including those contained in Easter eggs, bonbons and other goodies.

Some symptoms of chocolate poisoning in dogs: vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, wheezing, tremors, seizures, coma and even death. If you suspect that your dog has eaten something with chocolate, seek immediate veterinary advice and treatment.
while watching his reaction.


Research sources: peritoanimal.com.br and love.dog.hero.com.br (Photo by Raquel Franca | dreamstime.com

Advertisement