Would you like to receive a printed copy of the next issue of Wave?
Many establishments remain closed to the public, due to COVID-19, and we are expanding the distribution of Brazilian Wave magazine via Canada Post. To receive your copy by mail (Canada only; limited run), send your full name/address to: [email protected]
This issue (articles in Portuguese only)
- Interview with actress Silvia Pfeifer. (By Alethéa Mantovani)
- My Pet. A new member of the family. (By Renata Garavaglia)
- WaveKids: Mimi, the kitten. (By Ana Carolina Botelho)
- Nova Scotia passes new organ donation law. (Opt-out). (By Arthur Vianna)
- A guide to the “2021 Tax season” in Canada. (By Edgard Moura | MB Tax Solutions)
- Roberto de Farias, designer and author of two books, talks with Wave. (By Ana Carolina Botelho and Christian Pedersen)
- Happy “Family Day:“ If the Lord does not build the house… ”Psalm 127: 1 (By Pastor Ceny)
- Ships of Hope. COVID-19 combat support. (By Rosemary Baptista)
- Small entrepreneurs. Grief and the virus. (By Elder Pessalacia)
- Participate in the Brazilian Ontario Citizenship Council. Elections for CONCID 2021-2023. (By Arthur Vianna)
- Recipe: Chicken Hidden. (By Teresa Botelho)
From the editor
We initiate this edition of Wave with an exclusive interview with Silvia Pfeifer. The beautiful and elegant Brazilian actress discussed her career in Brazil and Portugal. Visit the BrazilianWave.org website to listen to the Wave-on-the-go Podcast interviews. Arthur Vianna addresses a groundbreaking issue in Canada: the new organ donation law, passed in the province of Nova Scotia, which incorporates presumed consent (opt-out). Because the year 2020 was extremely tumultuous, so intense and uncertain, many opened their hearts to welcome the arrival of new additions to their families. This arrival offered joy for many people who needed cuddling. Renata Garavaglia shares these stories in her article on pets. Giving continuity to the topic of pets, please read the text by Ana Carolina Botelho, in the WaveKids section. “Mimi, the kitten” is a delightful story to read aloud with your children during leisure time.
Arthur Vianna addresses a groundbreaking issue in Canada: the new organ donation law, passed in the province of Nova Scotia, which incorporates presumed consent (opt-out).
More and more Brazilians in Canada are engaging in literature. This is evident in the interview provided to Christian Pedersen by Roberto de Farias, designer and author of two books. To listen to the complete podcast interview with Roberto, a resident of the small town of Timmins, entitled “Ontario is not just Toronto”, please visit the site BrazilianWave.org
Pastor Ceny Tavares shares Psalm 127:1 “If the LORD does not build the house”, for Family Day
And more. Edgard Moura writes about income tax. Rosemary Baptista brings Brazil as a highlight by educating us about the importance of the Brazilian Navy’s “Navios da Esperança (Ships of Hope)” fleet, as support to combat the Covid-19 in riverside regions, Amazonas and Pantanal. Eder Pessalacia addresses the topic of microenterprises in Canada. Arthur Vianna highlights the Ontario Citizenship Council elections.
The recipe for this season? A delicious Chicken Shepherd’s Pie. And, as always, visit our Marketplace section. Stay up to date with Brazilian and Portuguese services in Canada. There is always news in this section. Happy 2021! Wishes for good health and new hopes to our New World. Happy reading!