2 kg pork loin
200 g sausage
3 tablespoons dried parsley
3 green peppers
1 celery chopped into thin sticks
1 carrot chopped into thin sticks
50 ml oil
100 ml white wine
300 ml water
1 lemon – juice
White and red onion [optional]
Salt, black pepper and red pepper (chili) to taste
How to make
1. Cut the loin almost in half lengthwise, to about 1 inch from bottom, and open like a book (you can ask the butcher to cut it butterflied for you)
2. Make a brine with the salt, pepper, oil, wine and 100 ml of water.
3. Season the pork with this brine [reserve a little of the brine].
4. Cut the top and bottom of the pepper, put the sausage inside and place in the middle of the pork with the carrots in sticks and the celery.
5. Roll the meat over the stuffing and tie the pork loin together
6. Seal the loin in a frying pan with a little oil.
7. In a roasting pan, place the chopped onion [optional] and the rest of the water and place the loin. Put the rest of the brine with the lemon juice and cover with foil and bake in a 350ºF oven for 3 hours and lower the temperature to 280ºF for 2 hours.
100g chopped bacon
1/5 chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch of cabbage
1 cup toasted manioc flour (farinha)
How to make
1. In a frying pan fry the bacon, garlic and onion.
2. Add the manioc flour, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Turn off the heat and add the cabbage [finely chopped] and stir.