This classic dessert is part of the menu of millions of Brazilians around the world. It is so popular that some believe it is a specialty that was born in Brazil. In fact, our delicious and practical pudding is a recipe that originates in Portuguese cuisine.
Carla Peralva and Dias Lopes, in an article published on the History of Food website, indicate that the milk pudding is a dessert that descends from the Portuguese conventual sweets developed in the country since the 16th century. According to the authors, “(…) in Brazil, the Imperial cook, from 1840, the first cookbook published in the country, brought a recipe for custard pudding. But the sweets that we prepare today are mainly made with condensed milk. the original formula. Few discuss this heterodoxy. The only question is whether the pudding has holes or not… By incorporating condensed milk, the sweet has undergone a simplification. There is no need to reduce the liquid any more. two of milk, add three eggs, beat in a blender and pour everything in a pan covered with aluminum foil, then take to the medium oven, in a water bath, for about 1 hour and 30 minutes; pudding goes to the refrigerator for 6 hours, before being removed from the pan. Simple and tasty, no one can resist.
Check below the recipe from Nestlé (Source: receitasnestle.com.br/)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 cans of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- In a wide-bottomed pan, melt the sugar until golden.
- Add half a cup (tea) of hot water and stir with a spoon.
- Bring to a boil until the sugar lumps dissolve and the syrup thickens.
- Line a pan with a central hole (19 cm in diameter) and set aside.
- In a blender, beat all the pudding ingredients and pour in the reserved form.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in a medium oven (180 ° C), in a water bath, for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- After cold, let it chill for about 6 hours. Unmold and serve next.
- It is essential that the pudding is prepared in a double boiler to bake in a slow and controlled manner, to achieve the ideal texture.
- So that your pudding does not form holes, check that the oven temperature is regulated according to the recipe.
- Place the mold in the oven on the upper grill, away from the flame.