Looking for ideas for Easter? Don’t miss out on our delicious stuffed Easter egg recipe.
Author: Carol Barros
Makes one egg: 250g
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”auto” height=”” background_color=”#d5e99c” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]
• 1 cup of condensed milk
• 1 cup of grated coconut, (no sugar)
• 2 cups milk chocolate[/dropshadowbox]
1. Cut chocolate in small pieces and put it in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring during intervals, until melted.
2. Transfer the chocolate to a metal bowl or put it on top another one with cold water, keep mixing until it becomes cold (try a bit on your lips, if the chocolate is cold, it is ready).
3. Take an Easter egg mold and place a thin layer of chocolate inside, being careful not to leave any holes.
4. Clean the borders, turn it upside down on top of a tray lined with waxed paper and put it in the fridge until the chocolate is firm.
5. Put another layer of chocolate in the mold, repeating the above process and placing it in the fridge.
6. In another bowl, mix the condensed milk and coconut, the filling should be creamy but firm.
7. Take the egg out of the fridge, place a layer of the filling inside, pressing well against the “walls”.
8. Cover the filling with a fine layer of melted chocolate, replacing it on the tray and place it in the fridge until it is opaque in colour.
9. Gently remove the egg from the mold, put bonbons or whatever you wish inside, wrap it up and enjoy!
ATTENTION: when cooling the chocolate, if you are using the water under the bowl method, be careful not to get water in the chocolate.
FILLING: Make sure that it is creamy but firm. It has to be this way for it to work.
TIP: To not leave finger marks on the egg while manipulating it, use gloves or lay it on the wax paper.
SHREDDED CHOCOLATE: if you use this, you do not need to cool the chocolate.
IMPORTANT: Always keep your hands on the border of the mold, never place them where the chocolate will be, because your hands may heat the chocolate.